Tuesday 26 June 2012



When I travel I often am struck by how similar each county is to my own. On every corner there always seems to be the familiar circular green and white lady telling me that a Starbucks frapachino awaits below. Golden arches and a happy meal are never far from a main street. But wandering through a supermarket in portugal's algarve I spotted these two piglets, shaved gutted and shrink wrapped they jarred against the shelves of processed chicken and sliced ham. As a vegetarian it made me wince of course. I've become use to seeing meat in its pre packed sanitised form. But this reminded me why I'm a vegetarian in the first place. These little piglets (about the size of my little dog Mojo) shrink wrapped in plastic had skin so human like in it's colour and texture that it made me shiver looking at them. Maybe if we displayed meat like this more often. Showing its true origin ,with face and feet and tail more people would be veggies!

Location:Pigs in a bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment